(update : 1/4/2019)
Go to/from ALOR by AIR
From the international airports of DENPASAR (Bali), JAKARTA or SURABAYA, you have to fly to KUPANG, the only door to ALOR.
- Connection to Alor : generally overnight in Kupang is needed from Bali, but connection the same day is possible from Jakarta leaving early morning (3 or 5 AM).
- Connection when return : possible the same day, but … cancelation for technical reasons regularly occurs, then you have to overnight in Kupang. If you prefer travelling on a safe side, it is better to avoid connection with your return international flight the same day you fly back from Alor, but overnight in Kupang or your internationl hub.
√ NEW (March 2019): NAM AIR is proposing a DIRECT flight between DENPASAR (Bali) and ALOR. IDR 2.000.000-2.500.000 (approx. 120-160€), including 15 kg baggage allowance. Operated with ATR 72. Dep. 10:50, Arr. 13:20 on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. Tickets not available online, contact Nia, SMS/WhatsApp +62 813-7918-7979.
√ LION Air only include cabin baggage, you’ll have to pay for checked baggage. Price list here : Tarif Bagasi Lion Air (JT).
Kupang – ALOR < > ALOR – Kupang
TRANSNUSA/NAM AIR (~50 seats, 50 mn) (Rp 450-500.000): everyday at 11:40 from Kupang, and 13:30 from Alor (included baggage : 10 kg/PAX, Overweight: +/- 1 €/kg)
WINGS/LION AIR (~50 seats, 50 mn) (Rp 575-650.000): everyday at 8:40 or 12:15 from Kupang, and 9:40 or 13:40 from Alor (no more free baggage allowances, Rp 25.000/kg in the airport, Rp 100.000/5kg if prepaid)
√ these are the announced schedules, they could change, always check a couple of days before! Transit time : TO Alor is fine, but FROM Alor, prefer min. 2 hours in order to limit the risk of missing connection ;)…
Travel agents for further indication and ticket purchase :
- email@example.com (private travel agent located in Bali), etc.…
From Alor Airport to KEPA island :
The road goes to Kalabahi main town (12 km, 20/30 min), then to Alor Kecil (15 km, 30 min):
- straight to Alor Kecil by taxi (Rp 150.000-200.000 per trip) or “ojek” (motorbike taxi) (Rp 50.000-75.000).
- There, stop at the beach where a big Banian tree is. A regulation has been established to support the local community: you have to cross the strait with the people of Alor Kecil by small motorized boat, at official price Rp 20’000/person. Better to have flip-flops because you need a few steps in the water!
Other flights from/to Kupang (non-exhaustive)
|DENPASAR (Rp 1.000.000-2.000.000)||» everyday direct flights (Garuda, Lion Air), but also via Waingapu or Flores (Nam Air/Sriwijaya, Wings Air/Lion)|
|JAKARTA (Rp 1.500.000-3.000.000)
SURABAYA (Rp 1.200.000-2.000.000)
|» everyday (Batik Air, Sriwijaya, Lion Air, Citilink, Garuda,…)
» departures from 3 AM until 15:45 from Jakarta to Kupang
» departures from 6:00 until 16:45 from Kupang
! 2 airports in Jakarta : CGK = Soaekarno Hatta (biggest), HLP = Halim Perdanakusuma
|(TransNusa, Wings Air, Susi Air)|
|Labuan Bajo (Komodo) – Wings/Lion () – Transnusa (+/- 950.000) – Garuda ()||Connection the same day ????????? from Alor day ????????|
|Ruteng – Transnusa||Connection to Alor day ???|
|Bajawa – Transnusa (~700’000 Rp)||Connection to Alor day ???from Kupang / 7:45 or 9:45|
|Ende – Wings/Lion (~450’000 Rp) – Transnusa (~600’000 Rp)||Connection Alor day ???, to Alor day ???|
|Maumere (~600’000 Rp) – Transnusa -Wings Air||Connection from Alor day ???, to Alor day ???|
|Larantuka : (~500’000 Rp) – Susi Air (+/- 15 seats) – Transnusa – Wings Air||daily flight|
|Lembata : (~500’000 Rp) – Susi Air – Transnusa||flight often cancelled…|
|1 or 2 flights a day (Wings Air, Sriwijaya, Garuda, TransNusa)|
|Waingapu (Rp 600.000-1.000.000)||Connection the same day from Alor the days 2 4 6. Connection From Alor the same day the days 1 3 5 7.|
|Tambolaka -Transnusa (~600’000 Rp ??) – Merpati (450’000 Rp)||Connection from Alor day 2 4 6 . Connection to Alor after overnight in Kupang.|
|(Susi Air, Wings Air)|
|Everyday-to be checked|
SULAWESI / MALUKU
|Makasar (~800’000 Rp) – Kalstar||2 times a week on schedule|
|(US$)||not at the moment|
Go to/from ALOR by SEA
By ferry : Kupang – Kalabahi < > Kalabahi – Kupang (new boat, same schedule since June 2017)
- Tuesday and Saturday from Kupang at 12.00 (noon), arriving in Alor early in the morning/night
- the journey takes about 12/14 hours, depending on the conditions at sea
- fare ~ Rp 175’000
From Alor to Kupang, the ferry leaves Kalabahi on WEDNESDAY and SUNDAY at 12:00.
By ferry : Larantuka – Lewoleba – Baranusa – Kalabahi < > Kalabahi – Baranusa – Lewoleba – Larantauka (new boat, new schedule since June 2017)
- On wednesday 12:00 from Larantuka, 18:00 from Lewoleba, on thursday 8:00 from Baranusa…
- Arrival on thursday around 11:00 depending on the conditions at sea.
- fare ~ Rp 175.000.
From Alor, the ferry leaves Kalabahi at 8:00 am every FRIDAY.
By ferry : Atapupu – Kalabahi < > Kalabahi – Atapupu
- NOT RUNNING AT THE MOMENT
- fare ~ Rp .
- Atapupu is not far from the East Timorese border. There is also bus connections to Kupang and to the Timorese border.
- Some tourists traveling around Eastern Indonesia use Dili in East-Timor to extend their visa. More information about this can be found on the website of the East-Timorese Department of Foreign Affairs :http://www.mfac.gov.tp/
By PELNI ships :
Two Pelni ships, the AWU and the SIRIMAU, stop in Kalabahi during their 2 weeks route. The time, very elastic, has to be checked one or two days before.
- Sirimau route : KALABAHI – TENAU (KUPANG) – LEWOLEBA – MAUMERE (SIKKA) -…
- Awu route : BENOA (DENPASAR) – BIMA – WAINGAPU (SUMBA TIMUR) – ENDE – TENAU (KUPANG) – KALABAHI – TENAU (KUPANG) – ENDE – WAINGAPU (SUMBA TIMUR) – BIMA – BENOA (DENPASAR) …
- Wilis route : KALABAHI – LABUAN BAJO – BIMA – MAKASSAR – BATULICIN …
Schedule not stable… TO BE CHECKED IN PELNI OFFICE.
Pelni office Kalabahi : Jl. Cocroaminoto 5 Tel: +62 386-21195 Pelni office Kupang : Jl. Pahlawan 7 Tel : +62 380-821944 Head office JakartaTel: (+62-21) 6334342 / Fax:(+62-21) 63854130/ http://www.pelni.co.id
Transports available to travel around in Alor…
Between Kalabahi town and Alor Kecil village
- Regular blue bemos (Rp 5.000 + luggages), or ojek (Rp 15.000-20.000 Rp depending destination). « Terminal » in front of the Pelni harbour (near the shop “Gunung Bromo”), or from the central market « pasar impres ».
- Chartered bemo/Taxi : Rp 50’000-100’00
To travel around ALOR
From Alor Kecil it is now really easy to rent a motorbike, or a motorbike with driver (ojek). Bemos (local minibus), jeeps (home-made style…), or even cars are available from Kalabahi (with driver).
Remember : keep cool!
In indonesia, especially in eastern provinces, transportation schedules can suddenly change because of climate, technical or economical reasons. But people will always help you to find alternative solutions ! Patience and smile are your best assets! Sabar duluh… In case of misunderstanding, please contact us, may be we can help… 081339102403 (Anne, What’sApp or SMS prefered)